Hometown: Le Mans, France.
Lives and Works: Sotteville-lès-rouen
I was born in 1980 in Le Mans (France). I moved to Rennes (France) in 1998 to go to College where I was part of the French artist Jacques Guichebard Painting Workshop and got an Art Master Degree in 2003, under the direction of artist and researcher Christophe Viart. I started to work as a High School Art Teacher in Paris suburbs in 2002. I am currently living and working in Rouen (France). My artistic influences are numerous. I’m very interested in the work of famous painters like Robert Ryman, Gerhard Richter, Vera Molnar or Bernard Frize. Supports/Surface’s research work on the intrinsic qualities of the Painting and its process are also a very important influence on my own work. When I create an artwork, I’m interested in the process as well as in the result of it. It means I can experiment on the canvas, recycle old paintings to create new ones, include non-painting elements, or be inspired by a previous computer-made sketch. I chose to work with acrylic because it provides a large palette of colors, and has a fairly short drying time.
Solo Exhibitions :
- Les Galeries éphémères, APEF Agency, Rouen, France, 2014.
- Peintures et photographies, Le 11, Le Mans, France 2012/2013.
Group Exhibitions (selection) :
- Salon Les Arts d'Oisel - 16 to 24 march 2019, La Neuville Chant d'Oisel (France).
- 48h/48€ #2, Les Ateliers de la Cour, Pont-audemer, France, 2018.
- Novembre à Vitry, Galerie Jean-Collet, Vitry-sur-Seine, France, 2017..
- 48h/48€, Les Ateliers de la Cour, Pont-Audemer, France, 2017.
- Hors-Limite(s), Galerie Municipale de Boissy Lamberville, France, 2014.
- Attention Fragile !, Galerie Municipale de Boissy Lamberville, France, 2012.
- Les Puits du Désir, Curated by Mohamed Rachdi, Eglise Notre Dame, Montataire, France, 2006.
- JuxtAssemblages et StratificapOsitions, Anciens Ets Michel, Aubervilliers, France, 2005.
- Recycl’art 2005, Koïfhus, Colmar, France, 2005.
- Petits formats, Galerie Art@ctua, Le Mans, France, 2004.
- Entre, Galerie Le Coin, Rennes, France, 2003.
- Corps & Graph(ismes), Abbaye Saint Vincent, Le Mans, France, 2003.
- Various private collections in France, Greece, UK, Australia, Canada and USA.
- Featured in Celebrating Artists in France collection on artfinder.com, january 2017.
- Featured in New for July collection on Artfinder.com, July 2016.
- Featured in By Price: Bright Abstracts for $2000 or Less Collection on Saatchiart.com, curated by Becky Benshoof, May 2015.
- Featured in the Eye Candy: Works Inspired by Op Art Collection on Saatchiart.com, curated by Jessica McQueen, April 2015.
- Working with L'art en loc to sell and rent artworks in the south of France, 2009 to 2012.
- Represented by Art@ctua Gallery, Le Mans, France, 2004 to 2006.
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!