View In Room
View In Room
Oil on canvas
Dimensions: 33.0cm(H) x 61.0cm(W) x 5.1cm(D) / 13.0"(H) x 24.0"(W) x 2.0"(D)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
Introducing Rainbow Trees To Maui
The Rainbow Eucalyptus tree was first planted in Hawaiʻi 1929 at Oʻahu’s Wahiawa Botanical Gardens as part of Hawaiʻi’s reforestation efforts. Exactly how the rainbow (also known as painted gum) eucalyptus became introduced to the rainforest of Hana is unknown but some speculate it was planted in the 1930’s to control soil erosion due to over logging.
The most well known grove of rainbow eucalyptus on Maui is located near mile marker 7 along the Hana Highway but these beautiful trees are scattered at several other locations including Ke’anae Arboretum and spots just before Hana town. They can be hard to spot in the dense rainforest so if you really want to be sure to experience these amazing trees up close try going on a road to Hana tour.
My this series is inspired from Eucalyptus tree, Its an phenomenon caused by patches of bark peeling off at various times and the colors are indicators of age. A newly shed outer bark reveals bright greens which darken over time into blues and purples and then orange and red tones.
The painting is framed and well protected and sent in an envelope reinforced with bubble wrap,forwarding is ensured in the event of loss or of damage.
Painting has Wooden Framed.
13" x 24" Inches
Signed on front
Ready to hang.
Shipping & Returns
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Lives and Works: New Delhi
B.F.A. (Painting) - College of Art, New Delhi. (2013)
-“ Summer Solace” at Gallery Du 808, Bristol, United Kingdom (2019)
-“ The Summer Art Collection” by Apparao Galleries at The Lodhi, New Delhi (2019)
- “CIMA Awards” The Kolkata Art Festival at CIMA Gallery , Kolkata (2019)
- International Post-Card show at Surface Gallery, Nottingham, United Kingdom (2019)
- "LINEAR CONTOUR" group exhibition by Vernssage Art, New Delhi (2018)
- Annual Art Exhibition by Sahitya Kala Parishad , at Lalit Kala Akademi , Delhi (2017)
- 89th Annual All India Art Exhibition at AIFACS, New Delhi (2016)
- ART35 (IInd Edition), Young Affordable Art, Mumbai. (2016)
- 25th Dhoomimal Annual at Dhoomimal Gallery, Delhi. (2016)
- MONSOON 2016 at Nine Fish Art Gallery, Mumbai. (2016)
- 5th , 6th All India Digital Art Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi (2015,2016)
- 8th , 9th All India Portrait Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi (2015,2017)
- The Grand Trunk Show, at Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad (2014)
- The Grand Trunk Show, at The Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi (2014)
- “100 Years of the City New Delhi’’ at , AIFACS, New Delhi (2012)
- KALPITATVA at Alliance Francaise, New Delhi (2012)
- VIGNETTE ARTS at Lalit Kala, Rabindra Bhawan, New Delhi (2012)
- WORLD BREASTFEEDING CONFERENCE by BPNI at Convention Foyer, India
Habitat Centre, Delhi (2012)
- ANNUAL ART EXHIBITION, at College of Art, Delhi. (2010-13)
- ALL INDIA ART FESTIVAL, at Art Mall, Delhi (2009).
- North Zone Bronze Medal Award for Digital Art by Prafulla Art Foundation (2017)
- Fellowship Award for Painting by Dhoomimal Gallery (2015-2016)
- First Award by BPNI on their 20th Anniversary. (2012)
CAMPS: ALL INDIA ART FESTIVAL, Art Mall, Delhi (2009-10).
PUBLICATIONS / ARTICLES:
Znyax Magazine, UK Art Blog and Magazine (Artist of the Month) November, 2018.
Edgy Minds (Artist Featured) (March 2017)
Rolling Stone, New York, USA (November-2013)
Emaar MFG Calendar-2013 , Gurgaon (2013)
Mtv Article (November-2013)
It’s in the Details, Texas, USA (September-2011)
Verse On Canvas , Kolkata, India (July-2010)
Art of the Day, Arizona, USA (October-2010)
Vitruvian Partners – London, U.K.
Scapewise – Sydney, Australia
Gameloft- San Francisco, USA
CTN Communications, London, U.K.
Verse on Canvas- Kolkata, India.
The Great Eastern Home – Mumbai, India.
Emaar MGF – Gurgaon, India
Backplane – San Diego and Palo Alto, USA and many private collections in France, Baltimore, Kihei Hawaii, Istanbul, Naestved and in Grootebroek.
More Works by Abhishek Kumar
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!