Mixed media on cotton canvas
Dimensions: 80cm (H) x 100cm (W) x 2.1cm (D) / 31.5" (H) x 39.4" (W) x 0.8" (D)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
This series of artworks is inspired by Kandinsky's studies about a dot and a line.
I would call this particular direction an organic abstract art.
The shapes "dancing" in the space, moving gently, pushed by the circumstances of their experience. They represent the seeds of life, living matter which is obliged to deform in the face of an abstract graphic matter.
Based in: Haarlem
Siberian-born, Netherlands-based contemporary artist.
I started my art journey in 2016 by taking private lessons from well-known Latvian artist Ilgvars Zalans.
My expanding practice is gradually moving from landscapes and still life to abstract compositions.
I work with oil, mixed media and digital art to capture the brightest moments of my personal experiences.
Nature is a primary inspiration, helping to bring colour and dynamism to each work.
REFERENCES and EXHIBITIONS:
- 2015 Rochester Contemporary Art Center. New York, USA
- July 2018 "Krasu pasaule" BiArt Galarija. Riga, Latvia;
- Art Revolution Taipei 2019. Taiwan.
- 10th Annual “Open” 2020 Art Exhibition - Light Space & Time Gallery.
- POSTALL magazine 2021, featured illustration. The Netherlands.
- Article in Aesthetica Magazine (issue 104). Online listing in Aesthetica Magazine, 2021. UK.
Ilgvars Zalans, Paul Gauguin, David Hockney, Wassily Kandinsky
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Back to Top