View In Room
View In Room
Oil on canvas
Dimensions: 121.9cm (H) x 40.6cm (W) / 48" (H) x 16" (W)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
It is a long painting just like a scroll painting. This can also be framed . In the middle of this dance of death going all around us and the whole of the world
I have chosen to name the painting " life" which goes hand in hand with the death. This is a landscape in the country side, which I miss today. Maybe one day this adverse experience will unite the world and turn all of us into better human being.
Shipping & Returns
Based in: Noida
I am an artist both by instinct and by training. I belong to the Eastern Indian state of Bengal which is known for its strong artistic traditions. I developed an interest in painting at an early age through rangoli (traditional designs made on the floor and walls in Bengal). I won awards at a number of national and international painting competitions while still at school.
I received formal training in art at Delhi’s College of Art where I was taught by some of India’s leading painters including Manjit Singh Bawa, BimalDasgupta and Bishwanath Mukherjee.
My specialization was in commercial art and for many years I worked as a freelance commercial artist.
I took up oil-on-canvas paintings seriously in 2006. Since then, I have made more than 150 paintings of which more than three-fourths have been sold. The imaginative use of space and colours has been my strong point.
I have held thirteen solo exhibitions and a number of group exhibitions to date. I have attended a number of workshops in and around New Delhi. My paintings have been sold both in India and all over the world including Germany, U.S.A., Bangladesh, Australia and Vietnam. I have a series of seven paintings on display at the International Lincoln Association for the International Lincoln Center, Louisiana State University, Louisiana, U.S.A. and am in the process of adding to the series.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Fine Arts from Delhi College of Art (1975-80)
1.All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi September (solo)
2. Dehra Dun Club, October (solo)
3. YMCA, Greater Noida, December (solo)
1.AIFACS, October (solo)
2. Dehra Dun, October (solo)
3. INDIA HABITAT CENTRE, New Delhi (solo)
1. Shanta Art Gallery, Birbal Road, New Delhi (solo)
2. AIFACS, New Delhi (group show)
3. Amercian Center, New Delhi (solo)
1. Art India Experience, Gurgaon (group)
2. AIFACS from September 15-21(solo)
1. Taj Hotel, New Delhi, February 21-27 (solo)
2. Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai, June 27- July 3 (solo)
3. FACE India International Humanism Recovery Festival (group)
1. AIFACS, New Delhi, September 1-7th (solo) – This exhibition was inaugurated by the Press Minister of Bangladesh High Commission, Mr. Enamul Haque Chowdhury. My paintings were highly appreciated by the High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India, Hon. Tarique Ahmad Karim and Mr. Enamul Haque Chowdhary.
2. Karnataka ChitrakalaParishath, Bengaluru, December 1-7th (solo)
1. Taj Hotel, New Delhi, December 9-15th (solo)
2014-16: Participated in various online art exhibitions organised by different galleries like Mahua Art Gallery (Bangalore) and India Art Collectors (Chandigarh).
1. Solo exhibition in Paderborn Germany
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
More Works by Chaitali Chatterjee
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!