Giclée fine art print on hahnemühle german etching paper
Dimensions: 127cm (H) x 87.4cm (W) / 50" (H) x 34.4" (W)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
THE TEMPLE | RAPHAEL | 2021
Dent-de-Lion du Midi | Reimagine Art
Like so many Italian Renaissance artists, Raphael was deeply interested in architecture. Throughout his work we encounter a sublime sense of space, illustrated by an uncanny ability to present a stage naturalistic and real, yet imbued with a mystical air.
Everything in the scene is precise and perfectly rendered, but humanly so.
We are scarcely aware that the gentle rhythmic lines of the pavement are drawing us in.
Vasari himself wrote:
"There is a temple drawn in perspective with such evident care that it is marvellous to behold the difficulty of the problems which he has set himself to solve."
We are privileged to be here, to have arrived early on the empty plaza, before a crowd appears... to view The Temple.
An original Series One print.
Series One prints feature our original artworks realised on exquisite Hahnemühle "German Etching" paper (300gm²) with handcrafted deckle edges. Each Reimagine Art Series One print is unique and one-of-a kind, and includes a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). They are the finest museum quality archival prints available.
Shipping & Returns
Hometown: San Francisco
Based in: Switzerland
Master Artist Dent-de-Lion du Midi works in contemporary art, film, illustration, sculpture, literature and orchestral music. A classicist with a modern eye, his work explores the philosophical dichotomy between realism and myth. As a professional inventor, Dent-de-Lion holds numerous patents and was Director of Digital Research for LEGO, trailblazing projects in VR, digital toys and feature film.
• Creator and founder of SNIFE, the new Swiss knife, one of the world’s first 3D designed products.
• Creator and founder of MediaCUBE, the world’s first touchscreen multimedia video kiosk.
• Lead Multimedia Artist at the 25th Anniversary Montreux Jazz Festival.
• Director of Research at LEGO and founder of Project Darwin, directing work in virtual reality, digital toys and feature film.
• Inventor of ToolTribe, the world’s first intelligent whiteboard.
• Creator of “IKONMAN”, a contemporary multimedia exhibition on the meaning of symbols. The IKONMAN book was published by Orell Fussli, the oldest Swiss publisher, and printer of the Swiss national currency.
• Director of the film “Portrait² - A Work of Art about a Work of Art”, a symphonic visual poem without words.
• Inventor of magbook, a human-powered solid-state eBook, a collaboration with XEROX PARC.
• Composer of “A Song Cycle of Love and Death”, beloved poems scored for orchestra and lyric soprano, a life work.
• Creator of Leonardo and Illuminations for Art Playing Cards.
• Author and Illustrator of “Frederick Bear - A Tale of Bern” for Meisterwerke Altstadt, a hero’s tale for children of all ages.
• Author and Illustrator of “The Noise”, a viral novella.
• Creator of “The Poisoned Door”, a dystopian meta-novel scribed by an anonymous author.
• Artist of “Reimagine Art”, psychologically compelling masterworks meticulously renewed with great respect to contemporary relevance.
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Back to Top