Oil on canvas
Dimensions: 80cm (H) x 80cm (W) x 4cm (D) / 31.5" (H) x 31.5" (W) x 1.6" (D)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
Collection «Flowers, Trees & Garden»
«Malivani’s deep affinity to nature is also shared with the Pre-Raphaelites, notable through her predilection for painting serene and harmonious figures alongside an abundance of resplendent nature and blossoming flowers; this propensity reflects a philosophical connection with Sir John Everett Millais and John William Waterhouse».
«Diana Malivani. Critical Analysis» by Timothy Warrington, Art Critic, 2019 (International Confederation of Art Critics. Chianciano, Italy)
For the Artist, flowers represent an inexhaustible source of inspiration. A principal goal of artists depicting flowers is to convey the aroma of a painted flower, its unique «soul». Diana Malivani believes that flowers «grown on canvas» should awaken in the human soul a sense of beauty, an awareness of the unity of all things hidden from us by time.
Hometown: Paris & Moscow
Based in: Limassol & Saint Petersburg
Artist Diana Malivani, who by her training and profession, is a Doctor of Medicine (M.D., Ph.D.), is represented by internationally reputable art galleries. Her works regularly appear in prestigious exhibitions and compete in art contests in several countries, are published in international art journals, offered for sale on leading online art marketplaces, listed by auction houses, and held in the collections of both national museums and private collectors throughout the world.
* * *
MAJOR ARTISTIC CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
Artworks in National Art Museums
* National Art Museums of the cities of Sochi, Belgorod, Saransk, and Novokuznetsk (Russian Federation)
Artworks in Public Collections
* Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Cyprus, Nicosia
Major International Art Fairs
* Shanghai International Art Fair 2020, China
* Art Revolution Taipei 2020, Taiwan
* London Art Biennale 2019, UK
Honors & Awards
* Winner at the National all-Russia Art Contest „Family is the Soul of Russia“, 2021
* Winner at The Global Art Awards (3rd Edition), Shanghai, China, 2020
* Finalist at the International Artist Grand Prize Competition, Taipei, Taiwan, 2020
* Award of the International Confederation of Art Critics, London Art Biennale, 2019
* Best Contemporary Russian Artists by ARTEEX (the first art marketplace in Russia)
Listing by leading auction houses
* Artprice (France)
* * *
Selected Solo Exhibitions
* 2021 - National Art Museum of Tula, „Hopefulness and Serenity“, Russia
* 2020 - National Art Museums of Sochi, Belgorod, and Saransk, „La Joie de Vivre“, Russia
* 2019 - ACS Gallery & Artsy, Chicago, US
* 2018 - Dreams Gallery, „The Scent of Thousands of Petals“, Limassol, Cyprus
* 2018 - MihoArt Gallery, „Spring Colors“, Limassol, Cyprus
* 2016 - Hermitage Hotel, Monte-Carlo, Monaco
* 2015 - Pavilion de Manoel da Nobrega, Parque Ibirapuera, Sao Paulo, Brazil
* 2014 - Feria de San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
* 2013 - MUTT Bookshop & Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
* 2012 - Le Royal Hotel, Luxembourg
* 2011 - East-West Hotel, Geneva, Switzerland
* 2010 - Le Pavillon de l’Eau, Paris, France
* 2009 - Couveuse Saclay, Versailles, France
Selected Group Exhibitions
* 2021 - National Museum-Reserve Tsaritsyno, Moscow, Russia
Exhibition by the Winners of the all-Russia Art Contest „Family is the Soul of Russia“
* 2020 - National Exhibition and Convention Center, The Shanghai Art Fair, Shanghai, China
* 2020 - Gagliardi Gallery, Chelsea, London, United Kingdom
* 2020 - Taipei World Trade Center, „Art Revolution Taipei (A.R.T.)“ 2020, Taipei, Taiwan
* 2019 - Chelsea Old Town Hall, London Art Biennale 2019, London, United Kingdom
* 2019 - Boab Art Gallery, Charity Exhibition by Khilti Pari, Antwerpen, Belgium
* 2018 - MihoArt Gallery, „Women’s Day“, „Silent Day“, Limassol, Cyprus
* 2018 - The Space Art for Charity, Cyprus First National Charity Art Exhibition, Paphos, Cyprus
* 2018 - Rodi Event Venue, „Spring Art 4 ALL“, „Art 4 ALL“, Limassol, Cyprus
* 2017 - Rodi Event Venue, „Art 4 ALL“, Limassol, Cyprus
* * *
Publications by the ICAC - International Confederation of Art Critics, London, UK (Critiques)
* Diana Malivani. Critical Analysis by T. Warrington, Art Critic, 2019
* Diana Malivani. „Seeing Music“. Critical Analysis by C. Rosewood, Art Critic, 2019
* Diana Malivani. „Sea of Samsara“. Artwork Analysis by C. Rosewood, Art Critic, 2019
* Diana Malivani. „The Blue Butterfly’s Dream“. Artwork Analysis by T. Warrington, Art Critic, 2020
Publications by the ICAC - International Confederation of Art Critics, London, UK (Book)
* L’Art de Vivre. Diana Malivani by T. Warrington and C. Rosewood, Art Critics, 2020
Publications by Great White Rabbit (GWR) Art Gallery (Catalogue)
* Catalogue of Diana Malivani Solo Exhibition „La Joie de Vivre“ in the National Art Museums of Russia (the cities of Sochi, Belgorod, and Saransk), 2020
* WikiArt - Visual Art Encyclopedia
* Wiki-Encyclopedia Wiki-Traditio
* Wiki-Encyclopedia Cyclowiki
* * *
Doctor of Medicine (M.D., Ph.D.). 1993-2001
Ogarev Mordovia State University, Saransk, Russian Federation
* * *
* Singulart Magazine, Paris, France
5 Minutes with Diana Malivani. June 30, 2021
* The FLUX Review, London, United Kingdom
Diana Malivani - Artist Profile & Gallery. March 2021
Diana Malivani - Interview. March 2021
* Russian Art+Culture, London, United Kingdom
Diana Malivani: Time is valuable, Art is eternal, and Life is short. March 25, 2021
* RAW Journal of Arts, US
Diana Malivani (Art Project „Seeing Music“). Issue Five, December 2020 (pp. 5-10)
* DegreeArt.Com Publications, United Kingdom
Winter Guide (featured artwork by Diana Malivani). November 2020 (p. 5)
* Wall Spin - The Zatista Blog, Yardley, Pennsylvania, US
The Art of Impressionism (featured artworks by Diana Malivani). July 2020
* London Art Biennale 2019 Catalogue by Chianciano Art Museum, Italy
„Pearl Fisher“, artwork by Diana Malivani (p. 90)
* Guid’Arts Cotation des Artistes 2019 du XVe siècle à nos jours by Christian Sorriano, 2019
* Ottawa Arts Review, Ottawa, Canada
Issue 2019 (featured artworks by Diana Malivani)
* Peripheral ARTeries - Contemporary Art Review, London, United Kingdom
Diana Malivani. Biennial Edition, Special Issue, June 2019 (pp. 158-175)
* Artists Info - Global Artist Guide, London, United Kingdom
An Interview with Diana Malivani. April 1, 2019
* ACS Magazine, Chicago, US
Diana Malivani. Interview. March-April 2019 Issue (pp. 6, 19-20, 72-80)
* Forth Magazine, Los Angeles, US
Music, Nature, and Soul: Artwork by Diana Malivani. March 13, 2019
* Inside Artists, London, United Kingdom
Artist Profile: Diana Malivani. Spring Issue, N 15, March 2019 (pp. 46-53)
* Art News Report, London, United Kingdom
Diana Malivani: An Inspiring Artist. February 2019
* Art Press 24, London, United Kingdom
The Empowering Creations of Diana Malivani. February 2019
* Birmingham Arts Journal, Birmingham, Alabama State, US
Volume 15, Issue 3, January 2019 (artwork by Diana Malivani on the cover)
Volume 16, Issue 1, November 2019 (featured artwork by Diana Malivani)
* Art Reveal Online Magazine, London, United Kingdom
Diana Malivani. Artist Biography & Interview. Issue 45, February 2019 (pp. 60-65)
* Artist Portfolio Online Magazine, US
Featured Artist: Diana Malivani. December 2018
* Artfuly Magazine, Sydney, Australia
Diana Malivani, Cyprus. N 5, January 2019 (pp. 26-27)
New Artworks. N 4, December 2018 (p. 25); N 3, November 2018 (p. 22)
Diana Malivani, Cyprus. Abstract Impressionist, Abstract Expressionist.
N 2, October 2018 (pp. 10-15 and pp. 28-31)
* * *
ARTWORKS IN PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
(countries and cities)
* United Kingdom
London, Aylesbury, Bristol, Bromley, Bryncoch, Buckhurst Hill, Buxted, Darlington, Feltham, Kent, Norfolk, Redditch, Romford, St. Albans, Tuffley, Uxbridge, Woking
Washington, Brooklyn, Chicago, Clyde Hill, Corpus Christi, Florida, Franklin, Los Angeles, Medford, Menlo Park, Miami, New York, Shelton, Windsor
* Russian Federation
Moscow, Barnaul, Belgorod, Saint Petersburg
* Other countries
Argentina (Buenos Aires), Austria (Vienna, Graz, Linz, Oetztal), Belgium (Brussels, Antwerpen, Zemst, Zottegem), Brazil (Sao Paolo), Canada (Calgary, L'Assomption, Toronto), Cyprus (Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos), Finland (Helsinki), France (Paris, Bellac, Boulogne, Dol de Bretagne, Les Milles, Sèvres, Versailles), Germany (Hohen Neuendorf), Hong Kong - SAR China, Italy (Rome, Milan, Imola, Racconigi), Japan (Fujioka, Soka-City), Luxembourg, Monaco, Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), Singapore, Switzerland (Geneva, Jouxtens Mézery, Zug, Zurich), Taiwan (Taipei, Taoyuan), Uzbekistan (Tashkent)
ARTWORKS IN CORPORATE COLLECTIONS
Hawksford (London, United Kingdom)
* * *
ARTISTIC AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Charity Art Contests in the USA - Prizes & Distinctions
* Art Contest by ACS Gallery (Chicago, USA, 2019): Award - Online Solo Exhibition on Artsy
* Annual Art Competitions by Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery (Florida, USA, 2018-2019) „Abstracts“, „Seascapes“, „Cityscapes“, „Figurative“, „Animals“, „Landscapes“, „All Women“: Honorable Mentions, Special Merit, Special Recognition, and Finalist in Painting Category
* Annual Art Competitions by Fusion Online Art Gallery (Palm Springs, USA, 2019) „Landscapes“, „Colors“: Finalist in Painting Category
Membership in Artist Associations
* Eurasian Art Union (Russia)
* Arts - Sciences - Lettres (France)
* Académie Européenne des Arts (France)
Charity & Donations of Artworks
* PASYKAF - the Cyprus Association of Cancer Patients and Friends
* Pupils of Pythagoras Private Secondary School
* Tatiana Stupak School of Music, private school of music
* Diachroniki Art Gallery, Dreams Art Gallery, Rodi Event Venue - art galleries
* Innovation Clinic, medical institution
(Nicosia, Limassol, Paphos. Republic of Cyprus)
* Khilti Pari, humanitarian NGO
(UK & India)
Art teaching experience
Oil and fluid acrylic painting workshop sessions for 10-12 artist students.
Dreams Gallery, Limassol, Cyprus; 2017-2019
* * *
Diana Malivani was born in 1976, in the USSR, in the city of Sukhumi (Republic of Abkhazia), in the family of teachers of physics and chemistry.
Graduated from N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University (1993-2001) in Saransk, she is a Doctor of Medicine by her training and profession (M.D., Ph.D), specialized in obstetrics and gynecology.
She acquired an extensive experience in sports medicine and dietology in fitness industry, with „World Class Club“ in Moscow.
Also she is the author and illustrator of children’s books published in Russian, English, French and German.
After many years spent in Europe (especially, in France and in Cyprus), Diana returned to Russia and she now lives with her family in Saint Petersburg.
Diana Malivani’s artistic oeuvre is characterised by a variety of thematic areas: flowers and still life, gardens and landscapes, animal and birds paintings, marines and abstract paintings, portraits and genre scenes, religious and Indian themes. The dominant themes of the artist's works include flowers, gardens and landscapes, created in the author's own style, combining impressionism and realism.
Malivani’s abstract compositions are grouped into several art projects: ’Seeing Music’, ’Seeing the Invisible’ etc. Almost all Malivani’s works are made in the technique of oil on canvas, mainly with a palette knife. The works, part of the art project ’The Blue Butterfly’s Dream’ (semi-abstract surrealistic compositions and woman portraiture) are characterized by a mixed technique: oil painting on fluid acrylic background and gold leaf collage.
Malivani’s artworks are held in the collections of some National Art Museums in the Russian Federation (in the cities of Sochi, Belgorod, Saransk and Novokuznetsk).
Awards & Prizes
Malivani is part of the List of the Best Contemporary Russian Artists by ARTEEX, art marketplace and information platform in Russia.
Her landscape painting 'Les jardins de Giverny' was awarded with the First Prize in the Category ’Painting - Realism’ at The Global Art Awards at Shanghai International Art Fair 2020.
Her semi-abstract painting 'Pearl Fisher' was awarded with the Second Prize at London Art Biennale 2019, and two figurative paintings - 'Sparrows' and 'Dance of Pink Flamingoes' - became Finalists of The International Artist Grand Prize Competition 2020 in Taiwan.
Also Diana Malivani, with her figurative painting ’Moments of Happiness’, was among the Winners of the National all-Russia Art Contest ’Family is the Soul of Russia’ 2021, organised under the patronage of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation and the Department of Culture of the Moscow Government.
In 2020, more than 50 impressionistic artworks on the theme ’Flowers, Gardens & Still Life’ by Diana Malivani were selected to be exhibited in three National Art Museums in Russia, as part of her Solo Exhibition ’La Joie de Vivre’, in the cities of Sochi, Belgorod, and Saransk.
Also Malivani’s artworks have participated in several international group art exhibitions: London Art Biennale 2019, Shanghai International Art Fair 2020, Art Revolution Taipei 2020, as well as in the National all-Russia Art Contest ’Family is the Soul of Russia’ 2021 in the Museum-Reserve ’Tsaritsyno’.
Malivani’s art has deserved several critical essays by British Art Critics Timothy Warrington and Christopher Rosewood, published by the ICAC - International Confederation of Art Critics (London).
Also the ICAC has published a Book dedicated to Malivani’s artistic oeuvre: ’Diana Malivani. L’Art de Vivre’.
Malivani’s artwork was covered by several international art journals in the United Kingdom (London): The Flux Magazine, Russian Art+Culture, Peripheral ARTeries - Contemporary Art Review, Art Reveal, Art News Report, ArtPress 24, Inside Artists, Artists Info - Global Artist Guide; in Australia (Sydney): Artfuly Magazine; as well as in the United States: Birmingham Arts Journal (Alabama), ACS Magazine (Chicago), Forth Magazine (Los Angeles), Wall Spin (Pennsylvania), Light Space & Time Magazine (Florida) and Artist Portfolio Online Magazine (California).
* * *
The Artist’s creative journey began at birth: Diana Malivani was born on the coast of the Black Sea, bathed in the riotous profusion of the colors of the Caucasus. Her love as a child for fairy tales and pictures later developed into a desire to convey, to those hearing and viewing her work, the great feeling for nature which enhances her life and the lives of those she loves.
Diana’s paintings reflect her soul, her love for music and nature, for an infinite variety of melodies and sounds, for shades and colors, for all that nature creates: the rustling of wet leaves and the first rays of dawn, the roar of the sea surf and the scent of a flowering meadow, the flight of screeching gulls and dewdrops on a blossoming rose... As she draws flowers and depicts landscapes (the principal themes of her artwork), deals with marine subjects, creates abstract compositions, and transfers music to canvas (one of the Artist’s main Art Projects bears the name «Seeing Music»), Diana strives to share these feelings with others, to share with others a part of her soul.
Diana Malivani is always in the mood to create: this happy inclination and impulse arise spontaneously within her and form an integral part of her life. Nature, for Diana, is the best source of new ideas. A walk along the Mediterranean coast, contemplation of the high crowns of the eucalyptus and palms against the background of the setting sun, and the boundless southern sky create the illusion that the surrounding world is inexhaustible and limitless: this is what fills the Artist with energy and inspiration. Diana believes that it is very important for a human being to be in harmony with self and nature. Only then is it possible to commune with all the beauty of the surrounding world, hear the murmur of the trees and flowers, be in touch with the music of waterfalls and torrential rain, and sense the breath of the sea and passing clouds.
The creative process, this special magical world in which the Artist is submerged, is invariably accompanied by music, which has always occupied an important place in Diana’s life. Listening to classical and modern music, she is transported to a special realm where different images and pictures appear, sometimes just bright splashes of color responding to each other, which the Artist then tries to transfer to canvas. Diana’s artworks reflect the images evoked in her soul as she listens to music. The Artist believes that painting and music are interconnected by special deep inner ties having the same foundation as the diverse manifestations of life. Diana, with her background in medicine, is convinced that painting, like music, can heal spiritual wounds and help people find their own life paths.
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Back to Top