View In Room
View In Room
Acrylic and metalic pigments on canvas
Dimensions: 45cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 2cm (D) / 17.7" (H) x 17.7" (W) x 0.8" (D)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
“Transhuman visions” by Jan Astner are sketches of something that is no longer a face, rather a form of transition to this other not yet known to us, reality. Autor change face / portrait in vision of something new, different.
Painted by Jan Astner “Transhuman Visions” differ in drama. A technique of colors, metallic, shimmering, combined with the matt background. Sometimes the background refers in texture literally to the human body, human skin, human fingerprints, to what makes us different from each other, which makes us - for now - individuals. And from this background demons break away, drawn in velvety, rich, delightful colors. They soar, maybe they are parting, in pain and fear, from what is known to us, conceivable to us. “Transhuman visions” are sketches of something that is no longer a face, rather a form of transition to this other not yet known to us, reality.
Shipping & Returns
Based in: Izabeli Poland, Jerez Spain
Jan Astner studied architecture and fine arts in Poland and the USA.
He practices painting, drawing, computer graphics and photography. Recent projects come from the fascination of multi-sensual perception. Paintings are elements of performances based on the idea of synesthetic metaphors - abstractly combined sensual experiences create individual feelings for each participant.
He exhibited in Europe and the USA as well as he ran a summer authorial gallery in Smogen, Sweden and Izabelin, Poland. For 25 years he has been dealing with consultancy in the field of building and managing brand image. Lives and works in Izabelin, Poland and Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
Jan Astner realizes his works in series that combine reflection on a man in relation to the world around him in the age of posthumanism and transhumanism. Using process painting and his own developed techniques in acrylic technology, he chooses the means of expression to present the issues bothering him.
- Voluptuous Towns - impressions referring to visited cities, presenting the city as a place of life, where the theme is not architecture and urban planning, but the emotions and experiences associated with the socio-cultural space noted by the author.
- Sybaritic Poses - analysis of the interaction between the internal and external world of man, both in the material, sensual and psychological sphere.
- Transhuman Portraits - reflection on the changes of the human body, its beautification and modification.
- Synesthetic Gardens - multi-sensual pretexts for personal perception. What tastes can be seen in the picture? What colors of the sounds can be heard? What is the relation between touch and the colour?
- Accumulations, or plastic reflections on social relations, mapping social relations in a painting is unique. In this context, the social theme of Accumulations is an indisputable advantage.
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
More Works by Jan Astner
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!