Acrylic on canvas
Dimensions: 60cm (H) x 50cm (W) / 23.6" (H) x 19.7" (W)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
This painting is part of a series on observation of the meaning and function of the eyes giving rise to the sense of sight. Eyes as the source of knowledge-intake are also the initial tools to identify and recognise something. The ability to see and to be seen should honestly reflect the truth, but in reality, every gesture and facial expression actually tries to cover the reality.
Shipping & Returns
Also featured in
Southeast Asian Artworks
91 Artists, 98 Products
Last Updated Apr 02, 2021
Based in: Yogyakarta
Meuz is an Indonesian painter who has taken massive strides in his style and technique in the recent years. He is a prolific painter and explores diverse contemporary styles in each of his works. The uniqueness of each series he paints comes from his high enthusiasm for experimental creativity. A younger Meuz had started off as a figure and landscape artist. But with time and experience, he has found his niche in surrealistic and figurative abstractions. Social issues such as class distinctions and political struggles are often the central themes of his works.
Inspired by painters such as Klimt, Monet and Suradi PW (an Indonesian artist of the 1940s), Meuz also draws inspiration from his friends in the Yogyakarta, including Pupuk D.P., Nasirun, Samurl Indratma, and Sindunata.
Meuz is active in his art community called Kridaro and is a project manager at Sidoarum Art House in Yogyakarta. He is also a popular freelance illustrator for newspapers and books.
• MataMata, Miracle PrintGaleri, Yogyakarta.
• Face Project, LimasArt House (Kembang Jati Art House), Yogyakarta.
2021 "Discover the Undiscover", MayinArt Show,American Club Singapore
• “Pameran Amal Covid-19”, Ruang Dalam Yogyakarta.
• “Meraki” Miracle PrintGallery Yogyakarta.
• " KOSEN" Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta.
• “Garden Party #2, Kembang Jati Art House Yogyakarta.
• “Bengawan Sore” Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta.
• “Sketsa Disruptif” Graha Sabha Pramana, Universitas Gajah Mada Yogyakarta.
• "Nyongsong, Nyingsing, Nyungsung" KRIDARO, Omah Petroek, Pakem, Yogyakarta.
• "Luar Batas", Kembang Jati Art House, Yogyakarta.
• “One Day”, Inna Garuda Hootel, Yogyakarta.
• Drawing Purba, New Miracle Prints Yogyakarta.
• Drawing Nusantara, Studio Kalahan Yogyakarta.
• Sharing Happiness, group exhibitionLimasArt House Yogyakarta.
• International Artswitch Exhibition, Jogja Gallery.
• Titi Mangsa groupexhibition, Rumah Seni Sidoarum, Yogyakarta.
• NandurSrawung Taman Budaya Yogyakarta.
• FKY #28 Plaza Ngasem Yogyakarta.
• "25th Prambanan World Heritage" groupexhibition, Museum Prambanan.
• "Oase" Pararel eventArtJogartexhibition, Rumah Seni Sidoarum Yogyakarta.
• Productionmanager 'Belajar Bersama Maestro" (BBM) Kementrian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Republik Indonesia, Rumah Seni Sidoarum Yogyakarta.
• "Rambut Putih" Tahunmas Yogyakarta.
• Gelar Maestro, Gedung kotak Taman Pintar, Yogyakarta.
• Totem NandurSrawungteamwork bersama KRIDARO, Taman Budaya Yogyakarta.
• Explanation KRIDARO, Rumah Seni Sidoarum, Yogyakarta.
• "Seratus Persen Indonesia'' , Pondok Tingal Magelang.
• "Nyaur Utang" Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta.
• Pararel event ArtJog 14, Rumah Seni Sidoarum Yogyakarta.
• October Paper, Rumah Seni SidoarumYogyakarta.
• KRIDARO group exhibition "Byuur" Rumah Pelantjong Yogyakarta.
• LUMPANG group exhibition "Langkah Menggapai Imajinasi", Rumah Budaya Tembi.
• Suka Pari Suka, Museum Affandi Yogyakarta.
• 50:50GobackGojeg, Galeri SMSR Yogyakarta.
• "Art forJogja" , Taman Budaya Yogyakarta.
• “Gelegar Seni Peduli Gempa”, Girang Gallery Yogyakarta and Semarang.
• Sketch Group Exhibition "Hitam Putih Jogja 249", Gramedia Yogyakarta.
• Lumpang Group Exhibition "Pemahaman Hidup" Griya Kedaulatan Rakyat Yogyakarta.
• Art Project; Paramadina Celebration, Mural Competition Breaking the Record 1000M.
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Back to Top