View In Room
View In Room
Oil on canvas
Dimensions: 150.0cm(H) x 180.0cm(W) / 59.1"(H) x 70.9"(W)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
A visualization of spirit and hopefulness in life in a chaotic and uncertain economy, and social politic situation. We have to keep our spirit and hopefulness to survive in life. Innovation and knowledge is important, but we have to keep the local wisdom. In all conscience, modernity comes to free the people from mind chaining, yet we need our mind and consciousness to manage the nature.
Shipping & Returns
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Lives and Works: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Nugroho’s artworks are the accumulation of his experiences, memory, observation and reflection. Nugroho’s artworks are associated with urban culture, identity and cultural products that also represent his feelings and personality. Nugroho like to do experiment and explore various materials and technique in doing his artworks. He like to try any kind of painting and printmaking technique on canvas such as hardboard cutting and collagraph print.
• 2008 Best Graphic Artwork at Diesnatalis Indonesia Institute of Art XXIV, ISI Yogyakarta
• 2009 60 Nominated Artist at Tujuh Bintang Art Space Competition ‘The Power of Dream’, Yogyakarta
• 2010 10 Nominated Artist at “Jakarta Art Award”, North Art Space, Jakarta
• 2012 Finalist at UOB Painting of the Year Competition, Jakarta
Consolation Price at “ASEAN Graphic Art Competition, Hanoi Vietnam
• 2013 Finalist at UOB Painting of the Year Competition, Jakarta
More Works by Nugroho Heri Cahyono
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!