Acrylic on canvas
Dimensions: 140cm (H) x 120cm (W) / 55.1" (H) x 47.2" (W)
Note: Actual colours may vary due to photography & computer settings.
Human experience is a means to pursue hope. It is not easy and requires a long process.
Hometown: Sleman, Indonesia
Based in: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Suryo has a distinctive abstract style with hidden symbols, cryptic typography and bold strokes. His interpretation of life is complex and basic at the same time. He endows this contrasting emotions on to his canvas very effectively thereby creating thought provoking pieces of art.
Growing up in a neigborhoodof artists in Yogyakarta, Suryo had started doodling on walls at a very young age. After school, he enrolled at the Fine Arts academy and thereafter explored different art styles. His initial interest was in Realism but eventually found a calling for abstracts that lends itself best to express his complex thought processes in the most lucid form.
• “Kuda Lumping in the Painting”, Biasa Gallery, Yogyakarta
2020 "Ataraxia", MayinArt Show, Jogja Gallery, Yogyakarta
• “Instinct”, BentaraBudaya Yogyakarta
• “Psikologi Ngabstrak”, GreenHouseHotel, Yogyakarta
• “Nggege Mongso”, Banyubening Borobudur, Magelang
• “Kolam Susu”, Taman BudayaYogyakarta
• “Bahtera Anak Pertiwi”, Uma Art Space, Serpong, Tangerang Jakarta
• “Underground Art Movement”, Malioboro, Yogyakarta
• “Mas Rejo”, Galeri 678, Jakarta
• “Mas Rejo”, Affandi Museum, Yogyakarta
• “Eco Culture”, Adipura Citra Raya, Jakarta
Buy with Confidence
Collect from reputable artists and galleries
Ships securely to your door
Certificates of Authenticity with each artwork
Back to Top