Lives and Works: Bei-Jing
[ studio KDSZ ]
The design philosophy of studio is Artisan, Culture and Creativity. In our design, from large to small scale, from 2D to 3D, we emphasize the concept, simplicity, proportion and the harmony of the relation between lines and space. With our diverse professional and cultural backgrounds, we perform high quality of design and bring a new possibility dedicated to the contemporary oriental and western life style. Within years, KDSZ has been invited to the exhibition such as “ASIA TALENTS“ in BIG+BIH fair Bangkok, “KEEP IT GLASSY II” of SHMOG and “ALCHEMY” in SMB Berlin. Some works also have been published on international life style, design media including designboom, ELLE DECOR Italia and Suddeutsche Zeitung Magazin. In 2014, Li-Wai series is named “The Best Kitchen Gear” from FastCo Design and the "Embrace" armchair designed for Poltrona Frau Award 2015 received the 3rd of occupational design group.
[ Founder/ Creative Director ]
Chi Hsiao-En was born in 1978 in Chu-Nan, a beautiful small town in northern Taiwan. He gained his mechanical engineering and architecture degree from Chun-Yuan University(96-01). After working in Taipei, he set out for his design journey starting from Art Center, Pasadena then IED Milano(05-08). During his stay in Italy, he worked with Mario and Claudio Bellini for leading international brands including Kartell, Poltrona Frau, Natuzzi and Steelcase. When backing to Asia in 2008, he joined luxury Chinese brands FRANZ and LiuLiGongFang, responsible for design and branding works. In 2010, he relocated to Bei-Jing to set up his studio KDSZ, focused on furniture, living and interior design.
[ Awards ]
- 2013 Chinese Design Awards
- The Best Kitchen Gear Of 2014 by FastCo. design
- The Top 10 Unique Designs of 2014
- Poltrona Frau Award 2015, 3rd of professional furniture design group
[ Exhibition ]
- 2012 "A Table" designer exhibition at Grace Hotel Bei-Jing
- 2013 5th "Design for sitting & 50 chairs of int’l designer exhibition”
- 2014 "ASIA TALENTS" at BIG+BIH fair” by DITP and W hotel Bangkok
- 2014 "InBedWithDesigners" design exhibition, Mini Hotel HK
- 2015 “Keep It Glassy II”, Shang-Hai Museum Of Glass
- 2015 Bei-Jing Design Week “ LIKE WEST, LIKE EAST, LIKE HOME” by Hao-Zai at INDIGO mall
- 2016 the "HERIT" Exhibition at Bei-Jing International Furniture Fair
- 2016 HOMI ASIA DESIGN Milano, Italy
- 2017 “ALCHEMY：The Great Art ” , SMB-Kulturforum Berlin
We don't have any works from this designer at the moment. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!