The Artling is the world’s leading resource for Asian Contemporary Art & Design. We have established ourselves as a reputable online gallery, working with some of the top galleries and artists in the region helping them sell art online to a world of art lovers and collectors.
We make it easy for you to sell your original work to a global audience through our online gallery and art advisory service. We also help you with the promotion and branding of your artwork.
· Increase your online exposure - reach a global audience actively looking to buy art online
· Listing is free – we just charge a commission on artworks sold
· It allows you to be part of a leading platform that showcases the best of Asian contemporary art and design
· Exclusive artist features on The Artling Artzine
· Promotion to our extensive social media following on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
· An offline avenue for sales through inclusion in our Art Advisory proposals to private and corporate clients
· The Artling team on hand to support you every step of the way!
In order to join us as an Artist, Designer or Gallery, you must receive an invite from our team, or complete the Submission form on the website - joining is free! Upon completing the Submission form, you will be notified of the status of your application. If accepted, you will receive details on how to login to your Artling Seller account to start uploading your items!
Click here to begin: List with Us
Once you are accepted as a Seller on The Artling, you will receive instructions to login to your dedicated Seller’s Portal, where you can manage your Profile and Items directly on the website.
· Fill out our form to submit your works for listing on The Artling
· Once your submission is accepted, upload your profile and works to the website
· Sell your works to a community of art lovers and collectors around the world
Creating Your Profile
· Login to your Seller Account
· Change or Reset Your Password
· Update your Contact Information
· If you’d like your account deleted, drop us an email at [email protected]
Photographing your Work
· Use an SLR camera to capture high-resolution images of your works. We have a zoom function on the website, so the better your images are, the better your chances of selling are!
Uploading your Work
· You may upload your artworks, design items, or prints via the products tab in your sellers profile
· Edit Your Artwork’s Information
· Unpublish your artwork
How to Price your Artwork
The pricing of your work is a very important aspect of your career as an artist. You should be able to clearly explain to anyone asking the reason for your artworks’ pricing. Look at your peers’ artworks in similar media and see how your prices compare. Have your works been included in exhibitions before? Have you won art awards or prizes recently? Consider the cost of your materials. Is your artwork a Unique Work or an Editioned Work?
Lastly, make sure you include The Artling’s commission in the price you upload to the website. If you’re still unsure, get in touch with our team here who can provide further advice.
Technical Trouble – How to Troubleshoot
If you’re facing issues while using the site, try refreshing your browser, or using a different browser (e.g. if you’re using Chrome, try Safari or Firefox). If this doesn’t fix the issue, please e-mail us at [email protected] and we will look into it.
When selling art online, it’s important to tell the story behind your work. What inspired you to create the piece? Include details on where the work has been exhibited previously. All this information helps the buyer understand more about you, the artist, as well as the work they are considering.
Artist Best Practices
Fill out your Artist Profile with as much information as you can. Have an artist biography that can be easily read and understood, with key details on your academic background and past exhibitions.
Once you start uploading your works, we recommend that you regularly update your Profile. Upload new works to the website, and mark unavailable works as Sold where relevant.
Promoting Your Profile
Please share your Artling Artist Profile on your website or social media once published!
Social Media Marketing
The Artling has a strong following of art lovers across all our social media platforms. We will tag you where possible, and do also use the hashtag #theartling and tag us in your posts as well!
The Artling Artzine regularly features our artists and designers. Send us press releases of upcoming exhibitions, or upload images of your studio onto your profile and we will see how we can feature them on our Artzine and social media platforms.
For Artists, Designers & Galleries
1. Customer registers interest in your item:
You will receive an automatic email notifying you about the customer's request for the shipping cost of your item to their address
2. Provide shipping cost:
You will need to provide an accurate shipping cost from the item location to the buyer's address. The customer will then decide if they would like to proceed with their purchase.
3. Ship to their address:
If they do proceed and check out, you will be notified and will then need to ship the item to their address.
Please use a professional art handler or recognized local or international courier to ship the item to their address, and send us the shipment's tracking details!
For Artists with Open Prints
1. You will receive an automatic email notification
2. Send the high-resolution file of your work for us to organize printing
Taxes should be billed directly to the client, or if shipped to Singapore, to ‘The Artling Pte Ltd’. Artists and Designers do not need to cover any import taxes when shipping into a foreign country.
Our team is always on hand to help you with any questions or issues you might have! Get in touch with us here.
Terms & Conditions
You can find our Terms & Conditions here.
Back to Top
Sign up for the latest updates
in contemporary art & design!